Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Watching the world go by from India Coffee House,Bangalore


Chocolate, men, coffee - some things are better rich ~Author Unknown.
After a hearty meal, we found a reason to indulge in a postprandial digestion walk-India Coffee House.
This is where time stands still….and I come here every time I miss my old Bangalore, the Bangalore that I fell in love with years ago!
It’s a quaint coffee shop on MG road. The India Coffee Houses were started by the Coffee Board in the early 1940s during the British rule and this chain today has nearly 400 coffee houses all over India.
As I walked in, the aroma of coffee wafting through the room hit me almost as immediately as did the nostalgia of being there after ages.
Nothing had changed…sunshine pouring in through the large window panes, waiters in their ever so familiar…faded uniforms, the regulars on their forever reserved spots, couples tucked away in corner tables, minuscule cups, scrumptious cutlets, old world posters and timeless charm.
I love sitting at the table closest to the entrance and looking out through the enormous window pane. We ordered without even having to look at the menu.
As always the bill arrived along with our order.
MG sure has changed. No more late night ice creams from Lakeview, no more movies in Plaza but thank god for Coffee House. So while we sat around slurping down some divine coffee and looking out at the metro boards running in parallel, neatly parked bikes and cars from end to end, the almost uninterrupted streams of people…I realized how much I missed this feeling…after all, there is nothing quite as blissful as some good company and great coffee on a lethargic Bangalore afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. This food blog of yours was long overdue!
    I love it!!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nostalgic...reminded me of Koshys...


    www.rajniranjandas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete